Recipe: Healthy Matcha Bark
In the spirit of St Patrick’s Day, I’m celebrating all things green with Zen Green Tea. Using their Green Tea Matcha Powder, I’ll show you how to make Matcha Bark for a healthy twist on the green holiday. You also have the chance to win one month’s supply of Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder & one of my original watercolour paintings at the end of the post!
What is matcha?
Matcha is the finely ground powder of green tea leaves that have been shaded and hand picked. The powder is a vibrant green colour and dissolves in water. Matcha can be used in hot and cold drinks, baked goods, desserts, snacks and even face masks. Zen Green Tea is a premium, organic matcha from Kyoto in Japan from sustainable tea farms.
What are the health benefits of matcha?
Matcha green tea powder has 137 times the antioxidants of standard green tea and is thought to:
- Boost metabolism to aid in weight loss
- Aid cancer prevention
- Be a natural detox
- Increase energy
- Reduce stress and enhance positive moods
- Improve concentration
- Support the immune system
- Clear, protect and maintain healthy skin
- Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder
- Greek Yoghurt or CoYo depending on your requirements
- Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- Desiccated coconut
- Chia Seeds
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
- Mix Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder with Greek Yoghurt. The ratio of 1:4 works well but you can add as much Matcha Powder as you please depending on how strong you like it.
- Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread your Green Tea + Yoghurt mix with a spoon onto the baking paper into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle on your pistachios, pepitas, desiccated coconut and chia seeds.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Break into pieces and eat before they melt!
Head over to @Yrorita on Instagram to win your own 1 x one month’s supply of Zen Green Tea Matcha Powder and 1 x A4 Original Artwork by Tamara Yrorita (Me!). All you have to do is:
- Follow @Yrorita & @ZenGreenTea on Instagram.
- Comment on the competition photo and answer “What green emoji would you be and why?” in 25 words or less.
The competition will close on Thursday, 30 March 2017, 11:59pm AEDT. Click here to read the full Terms & Conditions.
Use ‘YRORITA10’ for 10% all Matcha Products at Zen Green Tea!
- Visit www.zengreentea.com.au.
- Add products to your cart.
- Use coupon YRORITA10.
- Check out with free shipping.
Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments and share if you love matcha!